Am I the only one who can't wait for a fresh start? There have been lots of good things about 2014: my youngest son starting secondary school; my husband finally redecorating the bathroom; getting a new job; more sketching and painting; switching to online grocery shopping (yes, this actually qualifies as one of this year's best bits); discovering slow cooking and lots of great reads.
However there are a few things about 2014 that I'm a bit disappointed about.
- Firstly, since starting a new job, I've got rather behind on my sewing;
- I had intended to combine sewing and work by sewing more work clothes, that didn't happen;
- Finally, I've become increasingly irritated by my inability to take any decent photos for this blog. I love seeing other bloggers' pristine and inspirationally photos; why do mine always look so poor?
You can see where this is going can't you: 2015 blog resolutions. This time last year I really enjoyed reading fellow bloggers reflections and resolutions so why didn't I make any?
Eager to ring the changes, here goes:
- More sewing: at least twelve projects by the end of the year;
- Complete at least 3 work dresses;
- Photo Friday's: post at least one photo every other Friday that I actually like.
Well, I've taken the plunge and ordered some great dress patterns for work and an iPad stand to improve my photography. Let's hope I can end the year having achieved them.