Sunday, 20 April 2014

Ball Gowns

It's been great to see all the contributions to our 'Summer Dress Sew-along' on Flickr and in our chatroom. There's still plenty of time to get involved as the big reveal is not until the end of August.

In addition to the day dress I'll be making, I'm also planning a rather special summer dress. I have a summer ball in August and have been sketching out different designs for the event. The sketch below shows my ideas so far.

Inspirations:

The ballet Giselle which I'm currently studying.

 
The silhouette of the dress below really appealed to me but I'd set my heart on a more structured fabric, this powder blue shot silk dupion.

 

 

Although I'm fairly happy with the design sketch, I think I'll try to rework it into something a little more practical to wear.

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...