Wednesday, 22 May 2013

10% off Beautiful Summer Fabrics

Over the next 2 weeks I'll be posting more tutorials, pictures and pattern notes for our current sew-along. As we're close to finishing this sew-along I thought I'd post an update on future sew-alongs.
During June and July we'll be covering Vogue 1044. I can't wait: they'll be pintucks; horsehair braid and pretty summer fabrics.  



 

My fabric for next month's pattern is this gorgeous floral print from Sew Scrumptious' basics range: tiny pink flowers with little blue butterflies and love hearts on a cream background. I wanted a print that wasn't too busy as I didn't want the pattern to detract from the pintucks. A very pretty fabric which is reasonably priced at only £6 per metre; price was important as this vintage dress requires a large amount of fabric. It's 100% cotton with a width of 112cm/44 inches.

 

Sew Scrumptious are well worth a visit for 2 reasons: firstly, they have an array of really beautiful prints that are perfect for summer dresses; secondly if you're one of our readers you can get 10% off all fabrics just by typing 'GRACE' at the checkout! Click on the badge below to save 10% on all your summer fabrics.
 
I've a bit more sew-along news regarding our August pattern: Vogue 8804. The bad news is I've had to change the date when I'll be covering this pattern: insted of starting in August we won't start this sew-along until November. However the reason for this is such amazingly good news I hope you won't mind. The wonderful Claire Shaeffer, who designed this fabulous pattern, is publishing her accompanying book 'The Couture Cardigan Jacket' on the 15th of October! I'm sure you'll agree this is well worth waiting for. 
  
Vogue 8804     
 



Follow Grace Dressmaking
Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...